Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sentence basics

Main clauses:
She gets excited.
Ada doesn't want to go to bed.
I know Ada very well.
I have lived with Ada and Lizbeth.

Subordinate clauses:
because my niece Ada loves bunnies
when she sees a bunny
unless she has Hop-Hop
because I live in a house with her and my sister Lizbeth
since Ada was six months old
which was two and a half years ago

Phrases:
in the backyard
at night
her toy bunny
to hold in her arms

Sentences:
---Because my niece Ada loves bunnies, she gets excited when she sees a bunny in the backyard.
---Ada doesn't want to go to bed at night unless she has Hop-Hop, her toy bunny, to hold in her arms.
---I know Ada very well because I live in the same house as her and my sister Lizbeth.
---I have lived with Ada and Lizbeth since Ada was six months old, which was two and a half years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment